Sites in Little Village and North Lawndale have opportunities for teacher aides to assist in classrooms with 3 to 5 year olds in our Early Childhood Education Program. Come have fun with our preschoolers in small group experiences including literacy activities, art projects, dramatic play, puzzles, and outdoor play.
Weekdays, opportunities available between 9:00am and 12:00pm
School Age Volunteers
We are always seeking tutors to provide 6 to 12 year olds with homework assistance and tutoring afterschool each week with children from our After School Enrichment Program.
Weekdays, opportunities available between 4:00pm and 6:00pm
We have several one-time volunteer needs such as painting, landscaping, and other facility upkeep. We also welcome the chance to work with you to develop workshops for children and parents in the area of your skills or interest.
Resource Development Committee
The Carole Robertson Center for Learning is always seeking passionate and creative individuals to help plan and host special events, fundraisers, and other activities to promote the Center and its work.
For more information on these opportunities contact Dan Summins, VP of Fundraising and Communications at email@example.com.
We are always seeking volunteers to help at special events throughout the year, including our Annual Celebration fundraiser and our various carnivals and festivals.
How to Become a Volunteer
All are welcome to join the Carole Robertson Center for Learning community and help make a difference in families’ lives.
Requirements for Frequent Volunteers
For the safety of our children, and to comply with licensing and contractual requirements, we require a medical physical, tuberculosis test, and background check completed for all volunteers spending 3 hours or more in a week with our children. The background check will be provided at no cost to you, and the physical and TB test can be done by a physician of your choice.
1. Scan your forms and send them to our volunteer coordinator, Gloria Riley, firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. Mail your forms to our volunteer coordinator:
ATTN: Gloria Riley
2020 W Roosevelt Rd
Chicago, IL 60608
3. Fax your forms to our volunteer coordinator at 312-243-4881. On your cover sheet, address your fax to Gloria Riley, Volunteer Coordinator.
Upon receipt, we will reach out to you with next steps to complete your volunteer intake process.
If you have any questions about whether you need to complete our volunteer intake process, please contact our volunteer coordinator, Gloria Riley: email@example.com. We look forward to working with you!
Volunteer Signup Form
- 637 individuals and 43 volunteer groups contributed 5032 hours of volunteer service in the 2016-2017 program year
- 1275 hours contributed by parents
- 1032 hours contributed by service groups
- 574 hours contributed by corporate groups
- 311 hours contributed by school groups
- 654 hours contributed by individuals
- 1186 hours contributed by foster grandparent program